Writer's Block: Geoffrey Chaucer (The Canterbury Tales)
Writer's Blocks are handmade odes to history's greatest writers. Each 2" x 2" x 2" solid wood block features the portrait, signature, and famous works of a particular author (some blocks may stray from these items – see product photos). They make perfect decorations for any literary bookshelf, desk, dresser, or table – for yourself or the book lovers in your life!
Geoffrey Chaucer (c. 1343 – 25 October 1400), known as the Father of English literature, is widely considered the greatest English poet of the Middle Ages and was the first poet to be buried in Poets' Corner of Westminster Abbey.
While he achieved fame during his lifetime as an author, philosopher, and astronomer, composing a scientific treatise on the astrolabe for his ten-year-old son Lewis, Chaucer also maintained an active career in the civil service as a bureaucrat, courtier and diplomat. Among his many works are The Book of the Duchess, The House of Fame, The Legend of Good Women and Troilus and Criseyde. He is best known today for The Canterbury Tales.
Chaucer's work was crucial in legitimizing the literary use of the Middle English vernacular at a time when the dominant literary languages in England were French and Latin.
IMPORTANT NOTES – PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
- The list price includes (1) block.
- Block Dimensions: 2” x 2” x 2”
- Block Weight: About 4 ounces
- Turnaround Time: Each item is made to order, and ships an average of 3 business days from the time of purchase. Please see our Shipping Schedule for more info on turnaround times.
- Scuffs, nicks, and other imperfections are intentional parts of the block's design. Each item is unique, but the product photo shows the typical look of these imperfections.
Interested in more than 1 block? Save money by bundling 3 together.
Writer's Block Display Stand
Give your Writer's Blocks more presence with a simple and elegant display stand.