Writer's Block: Alexander Pushkin
Writer's Blocks are handmade odes to history's greatest writers. Each 2" x 2" x 2" solid wood block features the portrait, signature, and famous works of a particular author (some blocks may stray from these items – see product photos). They make perfect decorations for any literary bookshelf, desk, dresser, or table – for yourself or the book lovers in your life!
Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799–1837) was a Russian poet, playwright, and novelist of the Romantic era who is considered by many to be the greatest Russian poet and the founder of modern Russian literature.
Pushkin was born into Russian nobility in Moscow. He published his first poem at the age of 15, and was widely recognized by the literary establishment by the time of his graduation from the Tsarskoye Selo Lyceum. Upon graduation from the Lycee, Pushkin recited his controversial poem "Ode to Liberty", one of several that led to his exile by Tsar Alexander the First. While under the strict surveillance of the Tsar's political police and unable to publish, Pushkin wrote his most famous play, the drama Boris Godunov. His novel in verse, Eugene Onegin, was serialized between 1825 and 1832.
IMPORTANT NOTES – PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING:
- The list price includes (1) block.
- Block Dimensions: 2” x 2” x 2”
- Block Weight: About 4 ounces
- Turnaround Time: Each item is made to order, and ships an average of 3 business days from the time of purchase. Please see our Shipping Schedule for more info on turnaround times.
- Scuffs, nicks, and other imperfections are intentional parts of the block's design. Each item is unique, but the product photo shows the typical look of these imperfections.
Interested in more than 1 block? Save money by bundling 3 together.
Writer's Block Display Stand
Give your Writer's Blocks more presence with a simple and elegant display stand.